Everything from your shopping, to entertainment, cab booking, and even music, has migrated to an online domain. This is why your computer is an indispensable tool that needs to be working at one-hundred percent efficiency. When your computer stops working, stress fills your mind, and you will lose your patience, which is why it’s crucial to hire a professional to get it back to working correctly!
Computer and Applications Running Slowly or Freezing
Simple tasks such as clearing your temp file, performing a disk check, clearing the cache, and a regular malware check should help you resolve this issue fairly quickly.
The Screen is Frozen or Blank
Not enough memory, too many processes/services running, computer overheating, malware running, a virus, or a bad section of RAM can cause your screen to freeze. You can resolve these issues with a few basic steps, such as updating your drivers.
You can start by adjusting the power plan settings on your computer, deleting temporary files along with running a windows memory diagnostic, and if need be, a system restore should help as well.
Computer Won’t Shutdown Or Restart
One of the most common issues that computer users face is their device won’t shutdown or restart. This can occur because of one of the following reasons:
- A process or service is not shutting down.
- A faulty or incompatible device driver is installed on your computer.
- A faulty or incompatible program is running.
Here are a few suggestions which you may consider, that will help you troubleshoot the problem.
- Hit the CTRL+ALT+DEL to open the Task Manager.
- Look at the column CPU and look for processes that are showing activity. Click on a few processes that are running and force them to stop running. After doing this to at least a few or more programs, go back to your start button and try to log off again.
Computer Won’t Update
Updates are necessary for computer users because regular updates will keep your operating system running properly. By conducting regular updates on your computer, it will perfect the old one and overcome bugs to protect computers and data safely. Here is a list of a few reasons why your system may not be updating:
- System won’t download updates
- Update failed to install
- Updating is stuck
- System won’t restart upon updating
- The system won’t update because of BIOS
Here are some things that should help you resolve this issue:
- Remove third-party security software
- Manually check the computer’s update utility
- Keep all services running that update your computer
- Run your computer’s update troubleshooter
- Restart your computer and update service by CMD
Internet and Wireless Connection Not Working
We have all experienced the “WiFi connected, no Internet” error, but unfortunately, there is no single solution to fix this. In many cases, it is due to changes in the settings of your operating system or the router. This means you’ll have to try different troubleshooting options to identify the right one. Here are some options that’ll fix the error:
- Restart your device
- Power-cycle the modem – Switch off the modem or unplug it for 30 seconds and then bring them back up online.
- For wired connection, check that the cables are secure
- For a wireless connection, check to make sure your computer’s wireless networking feature is on.
Files Deleted or Missing
Files can be missing from your storage devices, without your knowledge. This happens due to:
- Human error
- File corruption or file system corruption
- Virus or malware
- Files being moved without your knowledge
The following steps may help you recover the lost files:
- Restore from recycle bin/trash
- Recover file from backup
- Recover using a third party recovery tool
- Restore from file history
- Retrieve files using Backup and restore.
Know When It’s Time to Hire a Professional
There will be times when you may still find yourself a bit overwhelmed when your computer refuses to comply with your troubleshooting. It is important to call a professional to help out instead of making it worse.
Look for Geeks on Site laptop repair services that have a dedicated team of computer professionals who deal with such issues daily and would be able to help you get back online with the least possible delay.
Do Your Best but Ask For Help When Needed
Many things can go wrong with the computer. It has many parts, each needing to work efficiently for a smooth performance. You can resolve most of your computer problems without the help of a professional. But if you don’t have the required expertise to fix more complex issues, then it is time to call in the experts.