According to the dictionary, honey is a sweet yellowish or brownish fluid produced by various bees from the flowers’ nectar. Besides using honey as food, did you know that honey is one of the oldest and most effective beauty aids?
Honey contains waxes, sugars, and traces of minerals. It is a natural moisturizer and an anti-irritant, making it suitable for sensitive skin types. Love can be found in many beauty products in your local drug store or favorite beauty supply store. Some of these products can be very expensive to purchase, and many of these products can be made at home.
Try some of the following honey beauty tips below. Please be sure not to use honey on your skin if you are allergic to it!
1. Honey mask: Apply pure honey to your face and allow it to sit until dry. This will take about 15 minutes. Once dry, rinse your face with warm water.
2. Body glow bath: To moisturize, smooth, and get an all-over body glow, keep a jar of honey next to your bath. Apply honey on your skin and pat dry using both hands. While patting your skin, the pet will get sticky and gently pull up your skin. Rinse away the love when you are done. The results will be great circulation and beautiful, glowing skin!
3. Honey bath: Add ¼ to ½ cups of honey to your bathwater for sweet-smelling and soft skin.
4. Honey scrub: Mix one teaspoon of honey with a little almond flour into the palm of your hand. Gently apply on your face for a facial scrub. Rinse your face with warm water to remove the honey scrub Atticus Blog.
5. Daily facial cleanser: Mix one teaspoon of honey with a little milk powder into the palm of your hand. Apply to clean away dirt and makeup on your face, then rinse with warm water.
6. Shiny Hair: To add shine to your hair, mix one teaspoon of honey, a squeeze of fresh lemon, and 1 quart of warm water. Shampoo your hair as usual, and then pour the honey mixture on your hair. Allow your hair to dry as normal. You do not have to rinse out the honey mixture.
7. Hair conditioner: Combine ½ cup of honey and two tablespoons of olive oil for healthy hair and scalp. Saturate your hair with the honey mixture, put on a shower cap, and allow it to remain on the hair for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes, shampoo and rinse your hair as you normally do.
8. Skin toner: To firm, smooth, and moisturize your skin, combine one peeled, cored apple with one tablespoon of honey in a blender. Pulse honey mixture until smooth. Apply the honey mixture to the face and allow it to remain for 15 minutes. Rinse your face with warm water to remove the honey mixture.
You can create affordable spa-like products at home with the above beauty tips. Honey is a wonderful beauty product containing naturally occurring enzymes, vitamins, and minerals. Be sure your honey is all natural by purchasing only 100% pure honey to create beauty products.