The façade of a building is an important feature as it protects the building from all types of external influences and contributes to its attractiveness. From simple and unpretentious designs to something that looks straight from the Star Wars world, the design possibilities are more diverse than you can ever imagine.
A façade makes up for an integral piece to the design of your commercial building. It adds charm and gives a final touch to the whole structure and creates recognition for the local communities and visitors. Thus, it becomes utmost important to build the façade right to have a positive impact on the architecture as well as on the prestige of your organization.
But, before that, you should be able to determine how all the building elements actually work. Understand what kinds of materials are crucial, how you can use them and how they would turn out at the end of the project. Below are the key reasons for designing a good building façade –
- Better functionality. Façade acts as a shelter against snow, rain, wind, and sun. It also acts as thermal insulation and plays a significant role in reducing energy consumption. It offers full-proof protection and obstructs the unwanted external sound and loud noise.
- Enhanced aesthetics. There is a myriad of materials when it comes to façade renovation and construction. However, your choice may depend upon the requirements of your project. Some of the most popular materials you can use are wood, metal, stone, slate, fiber-cement petals, tempered architectural glass, etc.
Keep reading to know some of the amazing tips to design your next façade project:
- Go for symmetrical and simple designs. These both serve as two major fundamentals for designing the buildings that look pleasing to the eye. Simple and clean lines in the design are easy to achieve but you can opt for asymmetrical looks if that is really your style.
- Take inspiration from the surroundings. Before you choose a façade style, you should explore the setting and the surrounding architecture. Consider them as your backdrop and ask the architect to give you suitable ideas. Don’t be afraid to stand out if your budget allows you so.
- Study the environment around. The type of environment where you are working has to be duly considered to come up with a great façade design. Pick up a style that respects Mother Nature and implement a technology that can collect rainwater as well as store solar energy.
- Use quality materials. There are many different types of materials to finish a home or building. So, your focus should be on choosing the products and materials that are durable enough to withstand the frequent weather changes.
- Focus on lighting. The right kind of light pattern can elevate both the interiors and exteriors of your building. It brings in extra glam to the indoors and an attractive appearance to the outdoors. Also, take the sun into consideration, and study its shadow effects in order to make an efficient design.